Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Beginning of the End?!

No I'm not talking about the giant grasshopper flick directed by Bert I. Gordon, I'm talking about my writing for Rogue Cinema, and quite possibly, my partnership with my good friends, the Rogue Reviewers. Over the last few months, I've been doing a lot of thinking, about what makes me happy and what doesn't. Lately, I've decided that writing for Rogue Cinema no longer makes me happy. When I started out with my crappy little Geocities site, I was extremely happy with what I was doing. I wrote constantly (even though I wasn't all that great at it, or at web design... and really I'm still not ;-), it was all fresh and new, and I bragged about it to everyone. Now, I keep a constant vigil on my calendar and dread the end of every month because of the Rogue Cinema deadline, I hardly talk about the magazine anymore, and I just never really have the urge to write much of anything. The joy of writing seems to have almost completely vanished..... :-(

Maybe I just need a nice, long break or perhaps my love of writing about movies is gone and I'm just in denial.... I really don't know. What I do know is that I'm thinking of packing up and calling it quits for a while (maybe even permanently) so that I can focus more on enjoying my spare time. This is definitely something I'll have to think more about, but I feel that (temporarily?) retiring is probably the best thing to do right now.

Well I'm going to go and finish cleaning up around the basement and then I think I'll go and get a little exercise and fresh air, it's a beautiful day outside. Lator gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment