Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back on the home front with lots to tell you!

Yes, I have returned to my fortress of solitude and I'm preparing some questions for indie film maker Sharyn Chen. But before I actually go and start using my brain, here's the rundown of my last three days:

Sunday was a pretty nice day (though I disappointed my mother by not going with her to church. Sorry mum, but the fact that you drug me to listen to preachings and prayers every Sunday for most of my young life has sort of killed my urge to go to mass.) and dinner at Tara's was great! There was tons of food and dessert, and we all had a good time. I capped off the night with a viewing of Borat with my future father-in-law (Bob Speranzo, one of the most politically incorrect and hilarious guys I know). I also got to spend some quality time with Tara, though she nearly cooked me to death in her room because the heat was cranked up! Because of that, I snuck downstairs to the VERY cool living room and watched an great flick called "Hara-Kiri." (From 1962.) While watching the film, I nursed a bottle of Bacardi Silver (Strawberry flavored) that I found in the basement fridge. By the time the film ended, I was wiped out and ventured back into the unforgiving desert known as Tara's Bedroom.

Monday was another decent day. I ended up seeing the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie (great CGI, some good one-liners and jokes, but damn it, the villains were disapointing), ate some leftovers, then watched "Borat" again along with the deleted scenes and other extras. Bob thought the naked-fight scene was so funny that he called everyone into the living room to see it and even got his neighbor down the street to come up and watch! LOL! After that I ended up playing some video games with Tara's nephew, Michael, before succumbing to fatigue. What followed was one of the heaviest good night sleeps I've had in a while.

Tuesday was friggin' awesome.... though the day started out with a visit to an old friend's house and not under the best of circumstances. The mother of Amy Dickerson, a fellow graduate of ye olde Scranton High School, had finally succumbed to cancer. My mother called and told me, so the first duty of the day (after a cold shower and a hot breakfast of French Toast!) was to swing over to Amy's house and give my condolences. Sadly, Amy was not at home, so I spoke with her father for a bit before hitting the road. After cruising around my neighborhood for a few minutes and reminiscing, I decided to hunt down "Godzilla Raids Again" and "Mothra vs. Godzilla" on DVD, and that's where the fun really began....

Best Buy didn't have them, so I ended up buying "Tommy Boy - Holy Shnikes Edition" for 5 bucks (thank goodness for my five dollar gift certificate!). Then I hit Borders because they would more than likely have both films, even though they'd be pricy. I only found "Mothra vs. Godzilla," but before I left with that, I managed to find the Vincent Price / William Castle classic, "The Tingler" for a mere $7.99! With three DVDs in my possession, the hunt continued for the elusive "Godzilla Raids Again." I went to Circuit City next but didn't find the film there, so I headed up to "Wal-Mart" to try my luck there.

I didn't find "GRA" but did find, and purchase, "The Revenge of the Nerds: Atomic Wedgie Collection" for a mere $19.92 (plus tax). After getting that I decided that F.Y.E. (within the Viewmont Mall) would be a good place to check and this friends, is where I hit gold! Not only did I find "Godzilla Raids Again," but I also snagged Anchor Bay's newest releases of "Phantasm" and "Phantasm III." Wih my DVD-lust sated I headed home, ate some pasta, then went to work for a smooth and rather quick evening. It was a great day (though I shouldn't have purchased those DVDs) and I look forward to tomorrow because I'm going to see GRINDHOUSE! WOOHOO!

That's it for now so G'night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment