Thursday, April 19, 2007

A tiny bit of progress has been made.....

I've begun work on my interview with Sharyn Chen. I typed up an introductory paragraph and managed to type up two questions to ask her... and that's it. I would've probably gotten farther had I not gotten interrupted earlier this morning by a phone call from my buddy Duane Martin (editor of Rogue Cinema and webmaster of B-Movie Central). He's trying his damnest to make me come to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in October for the It Came From Lake Michigan Film Festival. His current plan is to hook me up with event creator/coordinator Wayne ... Newton? Nope, that's not it... dang it I can't remember Wayne's last name... in any case, if things work out, I'll be in charge of promoting the festival here on the East coast. Mainly I'd be sending out press releases via mass e-mails, doing forum posts, maybe making a few phone calls, and just blabbing about the festival to everyone and anyone. If I do a good enough job, I may be able to get a free trip to the festival which would be really cool. I'd like to give it a try, but I'm not sure I have the time (or the patience, or the discipline) to really take on this task. On the other hand, I can finally meet Duane and several fellow Rogues in person and watch some crazy flicks and meet some of the folks I've read (and written) about. This is all up in the air right now, but I'll keep all interested (and uninterested) parties up to date on this film fest situation.

In any case, I've gotten a teeny bit o' writing done, and I plan on finishing up those questions and e-mailing them to Sharyn after work tomorrow night. Then I still have to tackle that interview with Richard Knight, and my two articles, and about four or five reviews..... sigh

Well it's high time I climb into the sack for some shuteye, so good night cult movie fans! Keep on rockin' the "B" World! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment