Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Rumors of my disappearance have been greatly exagerrated.

Ok, well maybe there haven't been any rumors of me disappearing, but coming up with interesting headers for these blogposts is a pain. ;-) Since I've been hiding offline for quite a few days, I thought I'd just make a post to let everyone know I'm doing well. Last week I had a damned good stretch of days where many things have gone my way (or better) and it seems like this streak is still continuing (but I'm waiting for that to change because all good things must come to an end as they say. And who exactly are "they" anyway?). In any case, I haven't done jack with my RC stuff or the Vault (which I'm sure you've noticed) but have instead bought a TON of DVDs with my tax return, leading to long hours in front of the TV instead of the computer. (To see what's new visit my B-Movie Collection Page!) Sadly, the rest of my money is going towards bills, and vehicle maintenance, but I'm making sure that I put some cash aside so I can see "Hot Fuzz" this weekend!

This week, I hope to finally jump into my Rogue Cinema assignments. At the very least, I'd like to get some interview questions typed up and sent to Sharyn Chen and Richard Knight. With that out of the way, I'll have a bit more breathing room, plus it'll help get my brain in gear for some actual writing. I'm hoping to get back to writing on a frequent basis before summer starts, but its just so damned hard for me to get back in gear. I'm usually pretty tired when I get home from work, and I usually don't have much time to write before I go to work. And writing on my days off is becoming a "Mission Impossible" scenario because those two days are the only time during the week where I can have a social life. And truthfully, I'd rather go catch a flick with my friends, or spend some time with my girlfriend, than sit in front of the computer and type for hours at a time.

But don't get me wrong, I love to write, and frequently have urges to do some writing. The problem is this: I lack discipline. If I can manage to do a little writing on a daily basis and make it a habit, then I think I could be as prolific a writer as a one Andrew Borntreger, a U.S. marine that finds the time to post a new review every single week at his website, Badmovies.Org, despite military duties and being a fulltime husband and father of two. It was Andrew that inspired me to become an online reviewer, and it's Andrew that continues to inspire me to write. (He is like the patron saint of b-movie fans and reviewers. Perhaps he can bestow a blessing upon me in order to get my butt in gear... hmmm....)

Well, it's about time for me to shower up and get my arse to work, so I shall be going now. Keep fighting the good fight for b-movie lovers the world over b-movie fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment