Thursday, November 23, 2006

R.I.P. - Cooper the Mouse

About a month (maybe even two months) ago, my cousin who lives an hour away in my hometown of Scranton, gave me her pet mouse because she didn't want it anymore. (Probably because of the ammonia-like smell of Coop's urine?) At first I wasn't keen on the idea of taking Cooper into my house, but the little rascal won me over quick enough and I began to get a little attached to the whipper-snapper. Sadly, my lil' mini-Cooper has passed on into the ethereal plains (or planes to some) mere hours ago.

I came back from work and checked on him, only to find him very sluggish and partially limp. I took him out of his cage and noticed he was ice cold, and proceeded to put him in the fold of my shirt to warm him up. He came around a bit and spazzed out a few times, but soon calmed and laid still, breathing in fits and starts. An hour later, poor little Coop was gone.

Losing a pet mouse isn't the most gut-wrenching thing in the world, but it was sad to see Coop go. I had many a fun time with the little guy, and my friends, and girlfriend Tara all took a shining to him. Cooper you will be missed my miniscule friend. God Speed!

Now.... I just gotta find a new critter for this here cage before Tara finds out and cries.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment