Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sheesh... let it go already!

You know... I don't rant often enough in my blog. Mostly I just try and keep ya'll updated on what I'm up to or write a short review or two. But today, I read something in the newspaper that is just so utterly uneccessary and stupid, that I have to bring it up. Apparently the state of Maryland is going ahead with an apology for its hand in the slave trade so many decades ago. Ok, WHY?! It's done and over with. Most (if not all) people involved with that part of American history are dead, so leave the past be! It's just ridiculous, I mean really how does this sound to you: "I'm sorry that my distant ancestors enslaved your distant ancestors. No hard feelings right?" I don't even think we need to apologize because African Americans have taken the world by storm. They've conquered most major sports (including football and basketball.... and golf), and can and usually do accomplish more than most of us white folk. They've risen above the bad slave times a long time ago and it's definitely time for all of us to move on! So stop friggin' apologizing you political retards! Yeesh!

Stay tuned for more apologies in the future from various countries including Great Britain for building a colonial empire that spanned the globe, attempting to conquer France in the 100 Years War, and picking a fight with us during the American revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment