Friday, March 23, 2007

No writing done due to Laundry Night.

When I got home (earlier than usual) from work last night, I ended up doing all of my laundry (which I have officially just finished folding and putting away) and while doing that, I watched an episode and a half of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I finally sat all the way through "Swamp Diamonds" (wow, it was actually a pretty fun episode, and to think that I fell asleep through it every other time I tried to watch it!) and then I start dozing off during "Monster A-Go-Go" ("The pilot must've been pear-shaped, very short, and standing up for the entire trip." HAHAHA!). Then, just as I was about to hit the hay and let the last load of clothes tumble in the dryer, I noticed that the blower fan on my propane heater had stopped working. After a good hour of tinkering and cleaning... the damn thing still didn't work. It wasn't too cold a night (Yay, Spring is here!) so I turned off the gas and the heater and got some sleep. Today, my dad and I took a gander at the darned thing, and wouldn't you know it, the fan started working again. I'm going to give the whole heater a thorough cleaning on Sunday, so hopefully that'll help keep the propane-fueled contraption in working order for a while longer.

Well as I said in the title of this post, I didn't accomplish any writing, but I should get some done tonight. At the very least, I did decide on what Kaiju I'm going to write about, namely several new kids on the block: The amphibious menace from "The Host" (Guess I'll just call it "Gwoemul" after the film's original title.), Thailand's "Garuda," and finally two of Japan's newest CGI beasties, namely Negadon (monster from Mars) and its robotic foe, Miroko. I'm planning on digging into that late tonight and I should also be getting my Amazon aStore updated and back up to par. I haven't touched it for a few weeks, so a good chunk of movie listings are out of date. My bad! :-D

Well I've gotta bring in some firewood for the 'rents and then get ready for work. Blog ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment