Thursday, December 28, 2006

THE HOST


I finally got my copy of Joon-ho Bong's "The Host" in the mail today and I've just watched it and well... DAMN WAS IT GOOD! All the critical acclaim is well deserved for this multi-genre film. "The Host" follows the exploits of a dysfunctional family that bands together to rescue their youngest member from the clutches of a ravenous, giant, mutant tadpole/amphibian/reptile monster (brought to life by some pretty impressive CGI) that is allegedly a HOST for a deadly virus. The monster gets a pretty good chunk of screen time, but isn't really the focus of the story. The film mainly focuses on the interaction of the family members in their quest, how they deal with their losses, and their constant run-ins with misguided health, police, and military officials. I refuse to give much more away about this fantastic film, but rest assured that I will write reviews for it at both Rogue Cinema AND The B-Movie Film Vault! Yes folks, this movie is so damned good that I'm going to write about it twice! It truly deserves it! Oh yeah, you may be wondering where I got this movie? Well I grabbed one off E-Bay from a seller in China. The disc was Region 0 and contains a beautiful, clean, widescreen transfer of the film, 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound, extremely good English subtitles, and a gorgeous slipcover that goes over the DVD case! Definitely worth the money and the wait! For those that don't want to buy it, you can see "The Host" in theaters on March 9th ... I think. I'll let you know for sure once I remember! That's all for tonight b-movie fans! Catch ya on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment