Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A bunch o' stuff to tell ya!

Well let's see here... where should I begin....

Ok, so Monday I had my little Christmas get-together and we all had a great time! We (myself, Tara, and a group of my closest friends) had freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, coffee, milk, hot cocoa, tons of soda, ice cream, 5 boxes of Pizza Hut pizza, plus we all exchanged gifts. Here's what I got: A new 128 MB graphics card for my computer (sadly it was not compatible, but would've been a huge upgrade for my current machine), Max Brooks' new book, "WORLD WAR Z," Issue #1 of "Darkman vs. Army of Darkness," the completed Godzilla 1985 graphic novel, the latest issue of G-Fan Magazine (beautiful artwork on the front and back!!!), several Best Buy gift-cards, "The Wizard" on DVD (well... not yet, but its on the way), and an awesome "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) calendar. (Next December features an awesome shot of an exploding head!!!) My friends are all taken care of, I just gotta get a gift or two for my mother and pick up a few gifts for Tara and I'M DONE!

In movie collecting news: I've gotten "Garuda" and "Negadon: Monster from Mars" in the mail and watched them both. "Garuda" blows donkey dick (but it does have a handful of cool moments) and "Negadon" was fantastic! I also received "Island Claws" on VHS and watched it twice. (The first time I fell asleep, mainly because I spent an hour fixing the tape once it did arrive. F*cking VHS!) I'm still expecting my copies of "The Host" and "Day of the Animals" very soon. Also, I got a few screeners in the mail over the past few days for reviewing purposes including: "Dark Remains," "The Red Skulls," and "Spacemen & Go Go Girls Double Feature!" (The latter two come from Tempe DVD.)

In site news: I've gotten things started for my next two reviews. I'm planning on getting my Dino-Western Double Feature of "Beast of Hollow Mountain" and "Valley of Gwangi" up by the 28th, so we'll see how I fare with that.

Rogue Cinema update: I still have to get my article(s) written plus write some reviews. Thus far I have one screener reviewed with six or so to go. The bad news about this is that the remainder of this month's screener stack is made up of mostly feature-length films. NOOOO! ;-) So I best knock a few of those off my list before Christmas Eve.

Well I guess that's it. I'm gonna try and get the B-Movie Film Vault DVD Shop updated ASAP since I didn't get around to it the past two nights!
Blog ya later foos! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment