Monday, January 15, 2007

I have not been idle!

Over the last 36 hours, I have made potential gains toward completing my Rogue Cinema material as well as three NEW reviews at the Vault. I've shipped out my interview questions to Jim and Chris McLennan concerning the Phoenix Fear Film Festival and I've sat down, watched, and taken notes on three films that will be reviewed very soon at the Vault. Here's the lowdown on those:

THE BEAST OF HOLLOW MOUNTAIN - The first of my "Dino-Western Double Feature" that was promised months ago! An American cowboy in Mexico discovers why a good number of his cattle have disappeared: They were eaten by a prehistoric dinosaur! Though the first two-thirds of the film are a struggle to get through, the payoff is worth it once the "Beast" arrives on the scene to terrorize the main characters. Though it's not the best stop-motion animated dinosaur you'll ever see, the "Beast" is nothing to smirk at! I plan on giving this oldie (but goodie) 3 out of 5 rads!

THE VALLY OF GWANGI - The second part of my "Dino-Western Double Feature" is much better known than "Beast" and featured the talents of Ray Harryhausen. Cowboys venture into a "Forbidden Valley" and discover all sorts of prehistoric beasts. They end of capturing a voracious Tyrannosaurus (or is it an Allosaurus?) and bringing it back with them to a Mexican circus. Naturally the mighty flesh-eater escapes and soon goes on a rampage. This bad boy easily gets 4 out of 5 rads!

And lastly....
SPACEMEN & GO GO GIRLS DOUBLE FEATURE - A fun indie sci-fi/comedy double feature from the fine folks at Tempe Entertainment. The first short involves aliens looking for fuel on Earth. Their search forces them to butt heads with the beautiful trio of detective/go go dancers. The second short film has the aliens and girls team up to stop an evil flesh-eating Space Bunny! (Great work by Brett Kelly and friends!) This one is teetering between 3 and 4 rads...

So that's what I'll be doing all this week, every night when I get home. I'll be pouring over my notes, writing up these three reviews, and then I'll dive into the rest of my Rogue Cinema stuff! By the end of the month, who knows, you may see yet another new review at the Vault for "The Host!" Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Blog ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment