Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lots and lots of jibba jabba!

Ok, as you all may (or may not) know, I've been very busy lately, so a lot of random stories, movie and DVD news, and other fun stuff has built up. To get myself back on track, here is a brief overview of my last few weeks, starting with August 13th:

August 13th was a pre-birthday celebration for yours truly, and I and about 15 other people went up to EMR Paintball Park to shoot the hell out of each other. The day was a lot of fun and I took my fair share of welts, but the final round of paintball was a massacre. Essentially, it was everyone versus me, and I got shot well over thirty times within a five-minute window. To make matters worse, I got stun by a bee (found a nest of them while ducking for cover... just my luck) and then shot in the c*ck (accidentally of course) by one of my friends. Despite that final round, the day was a blast.

August 14th - I turn 24... then go to work!

August 21st - 25th : I get super-preoccupied with fixing a coworker's laptop. Over the course of five days I upgrade his operating system to Windows XP Professional, which I then had to crack because Microsoft is gay and only allows ONE copy of Windows XP, XP Pro, or Vista to be used on ONE particular computer. During the cracking of XP Pro, I ended up with some viruses on the comp, but I think I managed to wipe them all out.... I think.... But hey, for someone that has no formal training in computer software (and hardware) maintenance, I think I did a pretty damned good job.

August 21st - the Present : I'm currently on day 7 of a 10 day work stretch. The result of this marathon is a four day vaction on Labor Day Weekend! Hopefully I can find time to go see Rob Zombie's "Halloween," "Balls of Fury," "War," and/or "Death Sentence" during my time off. Those are the main flicks I want to see. (I would add "Superbad" to the list, but I took Tara to see it last Monday. Yes it is as funny as you heard it was, and no... it is definitely not for young children.)

So there's a recap of the eventful second half of August.... well not entirely. To cut another long and detailed story short, my mother purchased a rooster and a hen at a county fair the other night. She was in her glory (seeing as how she was born and raised on a farm) but joy turned to tragedy when her hen escaped and (allegedly) met a bloody end after meeting our two dogs. Now there's a bit of a war going on at home as my mother has decided to declare jihad on the dogs and take them to an animal shelter tomorrow... over a ten-dollar bird that can be easily replaced considering that there are numerous farms in our area. Hopefully she is just blowing off steam because I'd hate to see my two goofy dogs get the shaft over such a minor infraction. (Stay tuned for "Dog Watch 2007!" Lol!)

In DVD news, September is going to suck big time because there are so many awesome releases and so little cash for them. MGM is unloading a ton of Midnite Movies upon us (e.g. "The Food of the Gods," "The Beast Within/The Bat People," "Yongary: Monster of the Deep/Konga," and many more) , Fox is dropping several boxed sets (e.g. "The Fly Collection") of classic horror and sci-fi goodness on us, Lionsgate is delivering the goods ("Alligator" Special Ediiton and "Cujo" 25th Anniversary Edition), and Warner is even hopping into the fray with their "Twisted Terror Collection" which features six lesser horror films from the last 25 years or so (i.e. "The Hand," "Eyes of a Stranger," "Deadly Friend," "Dr. Giggles," "Someone is Watching Me," and "From Beyond the Grave.") And just in case you didn't know... these are all available for purchase at the B-Movie Film Vault DVD Shop (which now boasts an extensive MASTERS OF HORROR section)! ;-)

In site news, I've been tweaking a lot of stuff all over the place and am prepping to get some reviews done. The biggest changes to the site are the "perfection" of the Frames version of the site (which now looks great on 1068 x 720 resolution) as well as a lot of new stuff in the Forums. (I've added Blu-Ray and HD-DVD sections and have been posting up a storm in the DVD News & Info forum!

So now that you're all up to speed, I am going to go to bed. Keep a lookout for some new reviews, and heck, if you've got a free minute, REGISTER in the forums and do a bit of posting. Good night everyone; I'll blog ya later! ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment