Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just checking in to assure you that I'm alive and well.

Hey all, it's been quite a while since I've done a blog post or posted new stuff at the Vault. Well today you... sorta get both! To bring all of you up to speed, I turned 24 on Tuesday, August 14th (and my mother turned 59 on the same day!!!) and the previous day I went to EMR Paintball Park with a group of friends (more on that in my next blog post. Boy do I have a funny story to tell all of you!). Today is my normal Sunday off and I'm heading down to Scranton to spend the night with Tara and probably go see "Superbad!" ('McLovin... sounds like a sexy hamburger.')

Over at the Vault, I've changed things up on the main page (the top 5 reviews haven't changed all that much, though once again "Transformers: The Movie" has dethroned "The Monster Squad" as the most popular review on the site; the new Movie of the Month is 1979's "The Dark" which has a large, angry, alien zapping people with his laser-beam eyes and causing all sorts of trouble for a fortune teller, a grieving father, and the local police; I've changed up the links in the nav-box at the top of the main pages (No Frames and Frames) and included links to the DVD NEWS, B-MOVIE NEWS, and REGISTRATION pages of the B-Movie Film Vault Forums. Hopefully this will usher more people into the forums and get a few of them to sign up and start posting! The biggest change I've made today is the "optimization" of the Frames Version of the site. It doesn't look very good in 800 x 600, but looks damn near perfect for those of you that use 1024 x 768 resolution! If you notice any bugs or problems, please let me know!)

Well I best be movin' on before the woman calls and yells at me. ;-) I'll be hanging out with friends tomorrow and playing some video games (in high-def! BYAAAAAH!), then I'll be slaving for ten days straight at work. The result of this onslaught of grocery store hijinks will be a small vacation of FOUR DAYS IN ROW! WOOHOO! I can't wait! In my time off from work, I will be attempting to get my two very late roundtable reviews done and should have them all set to go for (at the latest), Labor Day Weekend! After that I'll be tackling "The Host" (yeah, how long have you guys been hearing that?!), and then I'll be making preparations for the next big roundtable, entitled "THE BLOB FAMILY PICNIC." Seeing as how I've been treating myself to fairly decent cult and b-films for the last couple of months, I decided to suffer a bit and chose "Beware! The Blob." This Made-for-TV stinker was filmed by Larry "J.R. from Dallas" Hagman and is just godawful if memory serves me correctly. I'll post more information about this roundtable effort soon, but like I said before, I best get movin'!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend fellow b-moviephiles, and keep fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment