Friday, June 1, 2007

A wonderful three days off....

Due to a temporary change in my work schedule last week, I ended up having the last three days off in a row! I spent most of my time outdoors (except for last night) and ended up washing and waxing my truck (and cleaning out the inside of it) on Tuesday, Wednesday I tore about the basement and gave it a good all around cleaning, then yesterday I took my truck in for an inspection (it passed with flying colors) and got four new (and larger) tires for it, and changed the oil when I got home! Oh yes, my truck got a LOT of lovin' this week!

Last night I ended up having a movie marathon with my buddy Chris (and later our Star Wars obsessed friend Gary, showed up) and watched "Tranformers: The Movie," "Chapelle's Show: The Lost Episodes," "My Name is Trinity," "Heavy Metal," and finally "Godzilla vs. Gigan." (For the record, my main man Chris used to HATE Godzilla, but lately he's been giving the Big-G a chance and has sort of become a "closeted" Godzilla fan. ;-)

So now that I've had time to get things cleaned up around here, get my finances in order, and just plain ole relax, its back to the grindstone for me. I'm thinking of watching and taking notes on "The Host" tonight after work, and will be working on that review for the remainder of the week. I'm hoping to get it posted in time for the Vault's 7th Anniversary on Wednesday, June 6th! But before I hop into that, I've gotta change things up on the main pages including the Movie of the Month, the top 5 reviews for the month, and other little things like that.

And before I officially get offline for the day here's a little plug for a site called RETRO FLICKS. After hearing good things about them from fellow b-movie scribe Andrew Borntreger, I gave them a shot today and ordered three DVDRs from them, namely: "Supersonic Man," "Monster," and "Mystery on Monster Island." Shipping was cheap, the discs seem to be very professionaly made, and the price on each one is only $11.99. I'll post about the quality of the discs once I've received and watched them. Also, late next week I should be getting my DVDs of "Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster," "Invasion of the Astro-Monster," and "Attack of the Supermonsters" in the mail! I can't wait!

Well that's officially it folks! I'm going to go and find something to do for an hour before I have to get showered up for work! Blog ya later b-movie fans!

OH YEAH! And be sure to check out the June issue of Rogue Cinema! It's the third anniversary issue and once again, I sat this month out. But you know what .... I don't even care. It's nice to write about what I want, when I want, without any deadlines hovering over my head. In any case, head on over and check out the new stuff. These guys work hard to bring you fresh material monthly so please, help support them and the web-mag by visiting and reading all of their awesome articles, interviews, and reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment