Sunday, May 20, 2007

Update on "Gwangi" review and upcoming roundtable events!

My review for "The Valley of Gwangi" is nearing completion! All I have left to do is type up the Plot, Film Review, and DVD Review sections and I'm finished! My goal is to have the review 100% completed and proofread by tomorrow night! Then the Vault will see it's first REAL update of 2007! The last time I added anything "new" to the archives was when I uploaded my retooled review of "The Ape" (1940).

In roundtable news:
The Mega-Roundtable is set tentatively for July 21st. We have (currently) 16 sites participating and the theme we voted on was a "B-Movie Beach Party." I've already picked "Island Claws" AND "Tinterero" for this mega-roundtable. (The former contains a giant killer crab at the finale. The latter is an Italian "Jaws" rip-off featuring a killer Tiger Shark that is hunted by two horny shark hunters.) Stay tuned for more updates on this awesome event!

In other news, Andrew Borntreger of Badmovies.Org fame and myself will be teaming up late next month to celebrate the July 4th release of "TRANSFORMERS." We're both going to review the animated "Transformers: The Movie" so stay tuned for our "Reviewers in Disguise" team up on (tentatively) June 25th!

Also, during the voting process for the mega-roundtable, Roger Corman came in second place, so perhaps you'll see a Roger Corman roundtable later this year as well!

Well that about does it, so have a great night b-movie fans! Keep fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment