Thursday, June 2, 2011

TCM delivers some classic monster goodness in June + new podcast for all you cult movie fans to listen to!

Egads! It's been a long time since I last posted on this here blog, and it has been almost as long since I've written a review or article. (Speaking of which, CLICK HERE to read the last article I posted: Indie Films You Should Be Stoked For: Vol. II!) Rather than go into why I've been "slacking," let us pretend that I was cryogenically frozen for a month and have only now thawed out because someone accidentally unplugged the freezer I was trapped in.

Anyway, while I recover from my severe case of freezer-burn, and prepare to write up some new content to celebrate the Vault's ELEVENTH YEAR ONLINE (as of June 6th!), here's some interesting stuff to distract you:

First off, TCM announced last week, with a really cool trailer I might add (scroll down to watch), that they are celebrating June by having "DRIVE-IN DOUBLE FEATURE NIGHTS" every Thursday of this month. They have thirty films queued up for fans of classic monster cinema, and have already gotten things underway with a delightful combo of Godzilla and dinosaur films. I actually sat down and watched "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" and "Rodan" with my dad earlier tonight and.... it was really cool.

In all the years I've known him, we've spent very little time watching movies together. (He kind of looks down upon my obsession with cinema, especially "those weird movies" I have, if only because he doesn't understand it.) But tonight, we sat there and quietly watched (and occasionally laughed at) two classic kaiju films in the living room, and dare I say.... my old man enjoyed them. (To paraphrase Indiana Dundee himself: "Rodan was ok.... but Godzilla was much better.") Excuse me, while I mark this day down on my calendar and send a thank you letter to the staff of TCM.

If you missed tonight's impressive lineup, have no fear because there's plenty more monster movies on the way over the next four Thursday nights in June. For the full lineup of movies being featured this month, CLICK HERE!




The next item of interest on my list is a fairly new podcast by the CULT MOVIE CABAL. These guys choose two or three cult/b-flicks, watch them, then record their thoughts on the wonders (or horrors) that they have seen. I've listened to several and I'm enjoying their podcast so far, so be sure to check 'em out and subscribe! In fact, check out their latest podcast now and see if the Cult Movie Cabal is right for you.




Well, I'm going to head off for a bit and do some writing and website tinkering. Since Monday marks the Vault's 11th year online, I'll most definitely be trying my best to add a good chunk of new content to the site. So keep your eyes peeled for new stuff, and enjoy the month of June, because Summer is about to begin, there's gonna be cool movies out in theaters, and plenty of awesome stuff to watch on TV! Blog ya later b-movie fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment