Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 - State of the Vault Address.

Happy (Belated) New Year b-movie fans! My sincerest apologies for being reclusive lately; I had a ton of stuff planned for the site this past Christmas and New Year's Eve, but things didn't quite pan out, mainly because of that computer virus fiasco that I experienced. (See previous posts for more info on that.)

But now is a new year and as always I have made a series of resolutions that I would love to keep, but probably won't. Among them (right by "lose weight, feel great" and "curb impulsive spending and be more fiscally responsible") is a resolution to keep the B-Movie Film Vault updated on a more frequent basis. It's something I always want to do, but fail to deliver on, but I feel that I can definitely do it if I can summon up a little (i.e. a lot) more discipline.

Here are some updates you can (hopefully) look forward to this month:
  • I'll be updating my review for "My Bloody Valentine," mainly the DVD review section, as soon as I get my new UNCUT special edition DVD of the film in the mail. I also plan on adding screenshots to flesh out the review as well.
  • Hell or high water, I'm going to see the new "My Bloody Valentine in 3-D," so don't be too surprised to see a capsule review for that pop up on the site.
  • The January 2009 Genre Watch will be showing up sometime next week.
  • The "Wanted on DVD" section for the site was started and never completed. I think I'll be getting that polished up and uploaded soon.
  • Finally, expect a new review or two to pop up on the site, most likely for "The Ghouligans! Super Show" and "Godmonster of Indian Flats." I may even go back and fix up an older review from the ancient Vault archives and get it posted as well. Guess we'll all just have to wait on see on that.
Traffic has faltered a bit at the Vault, but has pretty much remained consistent and for some reason, the Forum is still as quiet and desolate as it was when I started it a few years back. I'm keeping the Forum going (it is an excellent way to post movie news after all) and I plan on restarting my efforts to upgrade its software to the latest version of YaBB. (Besides better spam protection, the new software upgrade offers a multitude of great features that my forum currently lacks.)

In closing, the Vault is doing fine and I thank everyone who keeps swinging by to check for new updates. I assure you that your repeated visitations have not been in vain, there will be new stuff on the site SOON!

Well it's off to work for me, so take care fellow cult movie fanatics! Keep fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment