Tuesday, March 11, 2008

R.I.P. - My Samsung HDTV.....

I just can't catch a break lately....
After coming home from work Saturday night, I eagerly sat down in front of my TV to watch "No Country for Old Men" (nevermind how I got my paws on it three days early). I had my bottle of Ginger Ale, a bag of Tostitos, and I was ready to go. About two minutes into the film, the TV suddenly flickered off. I thought at first that the power went out and came back on within a split second, then noticed that A) the DVD player was still going and B) my surround sound was still belting out dialog from the film. I picked up my TV remote and began pressing the "POWER" button repeatedly: Nothing. Got up and started pushing the "POWER" button on the TV repeatedly: Nothing. I got on my hands and knees behind the entertainment center and unplugged the TV, then plugged it back in. Then I hit the power button again, and presto(!) the TV was on. Less than ten seconds later, it turned off again. Now, it will not turn on at all and I am in deep sorrow. I got this beautiful Samsung 27" HDTV on July 29th of last year, with a four year warranty (and alleged in-home service) and now it is dead. I'm in the process of getting a hold of the only repair shop that can handle this job, so hopefully, before the week is through, I'll be enjoying movies and video games in HD (or "near-HD") quality again. Tis a sad day.... excuse me while I go weep in the corner for a few hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment