Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm Back!

Well I'm officially back from my three day vacation and I had a blast. I pigged out, watched a ton of flicks, and played Halo 3 for hours on end with my best bud Chris down at Kutztown University. Yes all was well .... until I went into work yesterday. I'm out $600 due to a huge lapse in judgment on my part and my boss plans on collecting that cash ASAP. I'm not going to go into heavy details but basically I allowed a customer to cash a check, it didn't go through, and now my boss has decided that taking my next two paychecks as recompense is a fit punishment. Yes, I've been told that this is illegal, and I was more than pissed off, but unfortunately I'm deep in debt and short of working in a stone quarry, this is the highest paying job around town. So I'm just sorta stuck right now. But I'm a firm believer in karma and I figure that I'll come out on top in the end. At least I hope so.....

03-06-08 UPDATE: Looks like a bit of good luck has come my way. Obviously feeling a bit guilty, my employer contacted the bad checkwriter and apparently the guy came into the store and agreed to pay for the bounced check. If my luck holds, I'll be in the clear by the weekend. "Gods of War protect me. May they protect you."

So yeah, after three days of bliss, I got bitch-slapped hard. Still, that hasn't stopped me from updating the Vault. I've just uploading a refurbished review of UNINVITED (1988) from the old review archives. That should hold you over until I get some fresh new reviews typed up. As stated in the last post, my next two reviews will be for "Dai Nippon Jin" (2007) and "Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds" (1977), two very odd Asian films that feature giant monsters.

Well I've had a very long couple of days, so I'm going to hit the hay and recharge the batteries. G'night b-movie fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment