Friday, July 13, 2007

Coming soon at the Vault: For the seafood lover in you, "Island Claws" and "Space Amoeba!" (+ A lot of site news!)

Hey gang! Just wanted to give ya'll an update on my next update at the Vault. Last night I watched and took notes on 1980's "Island Claws." Though I was originally going to give this movie a somewhat low rating, I found myself fully enjoying my killer crab experience last night, so the film is at least getting THREE RADS. Tonight after work, I plan on diving into that review, and if I'm not too tired, I'll probably watch "Space Amoeba" as well.

In other news: Andrew Borntreger and I have been chatting back and forth for the last few weeks, and seeing as how our "Reviewers in Disguise" team-up went so well we're already discussing another team-up/mini-roundtable for sometime in September. We're still working out the details, but the main topic will revolve around the "Blob" films and other slime monster type movies. I'll post more info about that as this new joint venture comes together.

In Vault news: If you've taken a good look around, you'll see that the Vault has been changing quite a bit the past two weeks. I'm working a few minor bugs out of the Frames version of the site, and I've updated most (if not all) of the sections on the site. Two major things I'm working toward are the inclusion of a mascot at the Vault (the Hobgoblins seem to be the best choice right now) and I'm slowly but surely working to distance myself from the Rogue Reviewers. I have my own personal reasons for doing this (the main one being that the fun has gone out of the group) and I hope my decision won't affect the friendships I have built with my fellow webmasters.

It's time for me to move on and bring the B-Movie Film Vault back from the brink. (As some of you hardcore Blog-readers know, I nearly up and quit a few months back.) I wish all of the Rogues good luck, and hope that they can continue doing such high quality work over at Rogue Cinema. (Please, don't burn yourselves out guys!) By the end of the month, the Rogue Roundtables page will be gone from my site (its ok though because all of the roundtable info is still on the Rogue Reviewers Homepage), thus completing my second task. The empty void that will be left over will be filled with a new section that will be aimed mainly at promoting the upcoming series of "Review Marathons" I have planned.

Also, after the "B-Movie Beach Party" roundtable, I plan on implementing a reviewing schedule. My current goal is to put up ONE new review every two weeks. On the off weeks, I'll be working on getting one or two older reviews whipped into shape and uploaded. My goal here is to get the older reviews back into the Vault archives, while still supplying readers with fresh content to read. I'm going to try this out for a month and see if it is at least feasible for me to accomplish. If so, then expect the Vault to return to its former glory at a speedy pace!

I guess that's everything I wanted to tell you guys and gals, so I will now depart for work. Have a great evening, and enjoy the rest of your Friday the 13th! Blog ya later b-movie fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment