Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm still here AND I have a plan!

Hello all! Just wanted to check in with a blog post and let you all know that I'm still around, though I have yet to actually add anything new to the Vault. For any of you wondering if I've given up, the answer is no. I have renewed the domain name for two more years, and have in fact been trying to come up with some new ideas for the site. Here's what I got so far:
  • A monthly "GENRE WATCH" column that will allow visitors to keep up to date on all the cult and b-films that are being released on DVD and Blu-Ray. THE B-MOVIE FILM VAULT GENRE WATCH will also highlight theatrical releases that would suit fans of cult cinema like myself. I'm not sure how I'm going to do this yet and I'm not sure if I will (or how I should) archive each month's Genre Watch. I can create a webpage from scratch and update it monthly, or do a monthly post here on the Blog, or even create a section in my Forum. The latter seems to be the best route, but I'll explore all three avenues before making a final decision.
  • A WANTED ON DVD page. Brian from Eccentric Cinema has one, but it is lacking quite a bit in my opinion. There are dozens of movies out there that have yet to make a digital debut, and with my upcoming Wanted List, I hope to shed some light on many oft-forgotten or unknown films that remain shackled to their VHS prisons.
  • I plan on making my recent "TORTURE THE VAULT MASTER" poll a monthly thing. Right now though I have to get up the courage to watch "Fear No Evil," then write about that wretched flick.
  • I'm going to attempt to accept screeners for reviewing purposes once again. I already have three films that I have to get reviewed, but once they are taken care of, I'm thinking of actively accepting/pursuing screeners from indie film makers and cult DVD companies like Blue Underground and Anchor Bay.
As you can see, I've got plenty of ideas. The trouble is finding enough free time to implement them. I'm hoping to take a day or two in the near future and get the ball rolling on some or all of these projects. I am only one man, and life unfortunately gets in the way a lot. Plus it does not help that I have gotten lots of new movies (DVD and Blu-Ray!) and video games. (All your base is belong to Spore!) So hang in there b-movie fans and check back again soon. If all goes well, you could expect to see some new stuff by next Tuesday. Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment