Monday, May 19, 2008

Coming soon to the Vault: B-Movie Art Gallery & New Reviews

Lately I've been doing a little sketching which I haven't done since I graduated high school. I drew a picture of Jet Jaguar and the monster from "Cloverfield" for my main man Steve who just graduated from college. (Man I hope he's seen the artwork... otherwise this post could ruin the surprise entirely....) Drawing (half-decent) sketches of these cinematic beasties got me to thinking that "Hey, it'd be cool to have a B-Movie art gallery on the site. Not just to showcase stuff that I've done, but to show other folks' artwork as well." This idea is still on the drawing board (pun intended! Zing!) but the more I think about it, the more I like it. So keep an eye out for a B-Movie Art Gallery at the Vault in the future.

This weekend, I'm going to be a very busy bee. But I do plan on A) finally posting my "Legend of Dinosaurs" review and B) a new review or two for the eminent "B-MOVIES THAT ROCK" Roundtable. The topic of choice are b-films that are musicals, have hard-rock soundtracks, or have "Rock" or "Rock N' Roll" in the title. Heck, if music plays any big part in the film at all it is fair game. I'm was planning on doing two reviews(one full-length one and one capsule), but I'll probably just end up doing one. Still that's something new to read and that's a good thing.

Well come back this weekend b-movie fans for the new stuff. In the meantime, keep the b-movie dream alive. Watch cult films without hesitation or shame; show them to your friends; spread your love of b-cinema; make this world a better place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment