Sunday, November 11, 2007

The BMFV Forums: Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Groovier.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of new reviews, blog posts, and whatnot. The Forums up and died on me earlier this week after I attempted to install some nifty mods to make the discussion boards more fun and user friendly. Unfortunately I am a buffoon and ended up scrambling some tiny line of code somewhere. Fed up with trying to fix the problem and completely stuck without a backup of the forums themselves (a problem I have since remedied), I tossed the forums in the trash (which hurt me to do as they've been up for a full year and were chock full of useful movie and DVD news and reviews) and started from scratch. The Forums now have a nicer, cleaner layout, come complete with an RSS News Feed (which you can subscribe to HERE), plus dozens of new smilies and avatars. A good start to say the least.

My next goal is to add an events calendar and a 'reputation system' (similar to the "Karma" system used in the Badmovies.Org Forums) along with a few other goodies to make your posting experience more enjoyable.

Between rebuilding the forums and working my full time job in jolly old Rob's Market, I've been unable to get much (if any) writing done. But fear not for new stuff will be showing up at the Vault before Thanksgiving. I promise!

Well now that you are up to date, I'm going to go vegetate in front of the TV for an hour. Blog ya later b-movie fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment