Friday, January 6, 2012

Limited Edition Fright-Rags tee & hoodie coming this Friday the 13th + cool b-movie fan fiction!

If none of you are familiar with Fright-Rags or Canadian artist Jason Edmiston visit their sites and take in all the glory. Go ahead, I'll wait.... pretty damned cool stuff right? I count myself lucky that I actually own some of Jason's artwork; it was pricy but 100% worth it and is now sitting above my TV in my living room.

Night of the Creeps vs. The Monster Squad poster. Signed by Jason Edmiston, director Fred Dekker, and "Creeps" star Tom "THRILL ME!" Atkins! If you want your own, or any of Jason's other artwork, visit his Etsy store HERE!


Anyway, my point of all this is to announce that Fright-Rags and Jason Edmiston have teamed up to bring us all an awesome Limited Edition t-shirt/hoodie that will only be available next weekend starting at 12:01 AM EST on Friday the 13th and ending at midnight the following Sunday. This is a pre-order so it won't run out, all shirt sizes will be available for both men and women, and pricing is as follows: T-shirts are $25.95 / Hoodies are $49.95. Since this is a pre-order item, it could take up to four weeks for your item to arrive. Oh jeez... almost forgot to show you what it is that you can pre-order. You ready for this? I hope you are fellow nerds:

He'll get you on the land, the sea, or air!

I'm all ready to pre-order mine next Friday, you should be too! Maybe it if goes over well, we'll get a whole line of GI slashers! Sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned!

Also, before I close out this blog post, I wanted to share some b-movie fan fiction that was sent my way a few days ago by a writer named Tommie Johnson. It's a nifty little short story about the creation of a new team of heroes for a secret government group called the OIMC (Official Institute of Monster Control).

Its set in a universe where Japan is abandoned to due constant kaiju attacks, genetic body modification is all the rage with the kids, and Tromaville is a legit place and popular tourist attraction. Needless to say, I totally dug it. Give Tommie's A World of Schmucks and Monsters a quick read won't you? And see if you can pick out all the references to b-cinema he's packed into this monster-filled tale.

Well, I've got this entire day to myself, so before I chillax and do whatever it is that I want to do, I have some errands to run and some chores that need doing. Later tonight I will be posting a video on Youtube announcing a new contest at the Vault, and maybe I'll even get some writing done. (I've got a half-finished account of my trip to the Hudson Horror Show last month that needs completing... among other things.)

Have a good weekend everybody and check back soon for new content!

No comments:

Post a Comment