Thursday, March 11, 2010

The anticipation is killing me: A day early for Monster Mania XIV!

Well I got here at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at about 1 PM, and my mind has been reeling ever since. Even after hitting up IHoP for some delicious pancakes, a quick visit to Wal-Mart (yeah, I come all the way to Jersey and where do I go? Wal-Mart of course!), and seeing (and enjoying) the fairly decent remake of "The Crazies" (it has flaws up the ying-yang, but it is definitely a step up from George A. Romero's low budget classic) I can't actually wrap my mind around the fact that I'm here. I am so excited; this is like a borderline religious experience for someone like myself.

Seriously, I just saw MALCOLM MCDOWELL signing in for his room down in the main lobby, and I swear to God I heard angelic voices sing "Hallelujah!" All I could do, was stand there stupidly with my jaw agape, as he genially checked in. Did I want to rush over and attack him with handshakes and fanboy praise? Oh hell yes! But I didn't; I'm saving all that for tomorrow.

In any case, I'm going to hang out in my room for the rest of the night, though I make no guarantees that I won't sneak downstairs at some point to scope out any other celebrity arrivals.

Well I best be going; stay tuned for more updates b-movie fans!

MONSTER MANIA TOMORROW! WOOOOHOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment