Thursday, September 6, 2012

State of the Vault Address - September 2012

Greetings everyone! It has been quite a while since I've posted any new content at The Vault, or on this here blog, or on any of the other satellite blogs that make up the small, but glorious, B-Movie Film Vault Empire. Well there's a good reason for that: I've been on sabbatical. Recently I've gone through some major trials and tribulations in my life, and decided I needed to step away from my "virtual life" for a bit.

My mother had major back surgery several months ago, and I've been busy helping my dad take care of her, as well as helping to keep the house clean, and splitting enough firewood to keep the old folks warm over the Fall and Winter. On top of that, my fiancee.... or should I say "the woman formerly known as my fiancee," and I hit a major speed bump in our relationship. I'm not going to go into details about this, but I will say that we are back together. We're working through some stuff, and I'm slowly but surely getting her moved in here at Vault HQ. I think things are going to work out just fine, and she will most assuredly regain fiancee status in the near future if all goes well.

Toss in a heaping helping of debt and a side dish of kidney stones, and .... damn it 2012.... you were supposed to be A GOOD YEAR! WHAT HAPPENED?! WHAT AWFUL THINGS HAVE I SAID AND DONE TO GET A ROUNDHOUSE KICK IN THE BALLS FROM KARMA?!!?!?! STEELLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

:: clears throat, regains composure ::

So obviously I'm pre-occupied with non-site duties, but where does that leave the Vault? At the moment it is sort of in limbo. The domain is going to be re-registered for two more years before this month is through, and I plan on coming back to my longest running hobby soon. However, I'm highly considering (i.e. made up my mind on) giving the Vault a major overhaul to A.) make it easier for me to update it AND post fresh new content, B.) conserve precious bandwidth and webspace, and C.) to make it easier for readers and visitors to interact with myself and each other. I'm leaning towards a blog-style site and will begin construction on the Vault 3.0 very soon. My goal is to have it fully operational around the end of October.

Also, I feel like I must address the ads that have been cropping up all over the site in recent months. I'm hard up for money at the moment and I have pretty much been taking any and all offers to post ads on my site. I hate to do it... absolutely HATE it, but at the moment whoring out my site (which thankfully pays for itself at the moment) is helping me stay afloat financially. The ads are, admittedly, an eyesore, and many of them don't even pertain to film in any way, but dang it, I've got to use every means at my disposal to keep the damned bill collectors at bay.

So there you have it folks: I'm taking a break, but plan on coming back with a vengeance next month. Put away your shovels because The Vault isn't dead yet!

In the meantime, wish me luck, health, and prosperity, and feel free to buy chunks of my long-cherished movie collection to help me out financially. Check out my eBay Auctions, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment