Sunday, January 30, 2011

THE B-MOVIE FILM VAULT AND FRIGHT-RAGS AID CANCER VICTIMS! HELP US IN OUR QUEST!

Before I go into detail here, let me just say that we here at The B-Movie Film Vault are on a separate crusade than our friends at Fright-Rags, but our goals are both very similar. We are trying to help friends and family whose lives have been forever altered by the ravages of cancer.
The battlecry that could save the world!
Currently the crew at FRIGHT-RAGS are having a charitable auction on E-BAY that is chock full of horror memorabilia, such as signed autographs, a latex mask (designed after the cake-craving zombie from "Creepshow"), a various art prints that kick all sorts of ass! There's two days left on this auction (which is currently up to $400.00! Awesome!) and all proceeds will be given to Leisha Davison-Yasol, a longtime Fright-Rags friend. She has been battling an aggressive form of breast cancer for some time now, and your generous bidding on this rather exciting collection of monstrous collectibles would definitely be a huge help to her and her family.

Now, if that's a bit too rich for your blood, but you're still hellbent on doing some good in this world, here's what we have going on at The B-Movie Film Vault. My cousin Ronald Cavalotti passed away earlier this week after losing his fight with cancer. (He won the first round years ago, but the Big-C came back with a vengeance late in 2010.) I never got to know Ron all that well, but now that he's gone, I really wish I did.

He was an insanely generous man to say the least, as he cosigned for my truck over five years ago, when I had next to no credit, and absolutely no one else to turn to. It was a big financial risk on his part, and because of him, I was able to replace my old junker with a decent vehicle. This isn't the only thing he's ever done to help me or my folks (or anyone else for that matter), but its the one thing I thank him for the most.

On the way back from the funeral yesterday, I shed some tears for this great man and his grieving wife and children. I also decided that I needed to do something to help out his family, if only to just pay back the kindness that Ron showed me when he was alive. Therefore I created a donation page HERE at the Vault, with all proceeds going to his family.

Donations will be accepted through PayPal from now until the end of March, and you don't have to get crazy here: A $1.00 donation is perfectly fine. Also, I will be donating any and all commission earnings from my online affiliates after the first quarter of this year (i.e. the end of March). So if you're not too keen on donating cash, you can at least help by shopping through the Vault at Amazon.com, Movies Unlimited, and AllPosters.com. Thanks in advance to and may God bless you for your generosity!




Rest in peace Ronnie... we'll all miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment